Tools: Fraps and Windows Movie Maker
Tutorial author: FunGt
This tutorial explains how to record a video while you are playing. Fraps lets you record a 30 sec length video but if you buy it, it can records unlimited videos.
- Download and install Fraps.
- Run the tool, then run the game.
- While playing press F9 and the program will begin to record a video.
- To stop recording press F9 again.
Informations and advices:
- All recorded video are located in Fraps folder in avi format.
- You can change video directory in Fraps options.
- If the game lags while recording, try to select Half-size on Movies tab on Fraps window.
Once you recored a video, its size will be HUGE because the quality is maximum. If you want to upload that video on Youtube it will take ages because of the size. So here I show you a very easy way to drastically reduce video size. Reduce video size:
- Run Windows Movie Maker or a video editing program.
- Drag and drop the video into Movie Maker window.
- Drag the video like this screen.
- You can optionally customize your video with effects.
- Click File>Save movie as, choose the quality and other options.
- Wait until the video is saved.