Vehicle installation with IMG Tool
Tools: IMG Tool
Tutorial author: FunGt
This tutorial explains how to install a car using IMG Tool. I don't recommend to use this tool to install vehicles because is a bit buggy while replacing or importing more files at once! I recommend to follow the tutorials where GGMM or Alci's IMG Editor are used.
- Download a car mod and extract the archive where you want.
- Run IMG Tool, click File>Open and select gta3.img located in models folder:
- Press F2 and search the dff you have to replace.
- Select it and click Commands>Extract to create a backup copy.
- Press del button to delete it from gta3.img.
- Repeat 3-4-5 for txd file.
- Once you removed the files click Commands>Add and select dff and txd files of the mod.
- Close IMG Tool, it saves automatically.
- Now follow this tutorial to install the settings lines you may find in Readme file of almost any mod.
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models