Create a custom color
Tools: Notepad & Paint
Tutorial author: FunGt
This tutorial explains how to create a new custom colour for carcols.dat and how to add it to a vehicle.
- Run Paint and click edit colors.
- Create a colour (I chose aqua green).
- Now, don't close Paint, and open carcols.dat with Notepad.
- Scroll until ID 133 and make a copy of the last line and paste the new line below.
- Replace the first 3 numbers with those in Paint window (Red, Green, Blue) (screen).
- Replace 133 with an higher number, for example 134.
- Replace the rest with a comment to the colour created.
- The line just added should be like that:
130,253,194,-,white # 134 aqua green
Now lets add the line to a car.
How to add the new color:
- Search a car in carcols.dat and at the end of its line add your new ID color, in this case 134. Remember to add a comma and a space between every color you add.
- Then, the line should look like this:
schafter, 0,1,1, 70,133,8, 16,133,8, 22,133,8, 134,134,134,
- In the game the car with the new color should look like this: